Sunday, July 27, 2008

You didn't really expect me to update often during the Summer, did you?

Yeah, its been 3 months since the last post. A very busy 3 months. I still have things to do from Mexico, videos to edit etc... At any rate, A lot has happened. I learned right after getting back from Mexico that I was offered the job that I interviewed for right before leaving. Yes, still at AT... oops, I mean at&t. This time, I'm on the wireless side of the business. Still engineering, but now I'm designing cellular data networks for businesses in New England. Its a much more interesting job, but there's a pretty steep learning curve. That curve got a lot steeper one month in when the person who was training me, left for another company. I'm not sure if there's any correlation. So, instead of covering the CT, RI and upstate NY markets, I now cover CT, RI, NY, MA, ME, NH and VT. I've been insanely busy.
What else? Alex finished school and will actually be moving on to the Third Grade in September. She also finished-up with her town-league soccer and tried-out for, and made, the travel team. This fall we get to drive all over to watch her play. It is pretty exciting because unlike the town league, you have to make this one.
We finished the Great Park Pursuit again for the third year in a row. And for the third year in a row, we made it to the finals. Unlike last year when we came in fourth (they award for the first three finishers) we came in the middle of the pack of 30 finalists.
Also of note, we tore down our crappy $400 deck the last week of June, and are in the process of building a new one. I'll try to update more often as we go along.
So, aside from that, not much else. Been trying to get out Mountain biking at least once a week, Alex is back at Girl Scout Camp Laurel this summer, and we're taking Bode to obedience school again.










Alex and Bode letterboxing at the Salmon River Park. Finally, the GPP is close to home!











Deck demolition begins (and ends). 6/28















What the Hell? They didn't even bury the posts?












Yay, the new holes are dug....mostly... 7/4












The old "deck" meets its fate.













Feets go in 7/12












The new deck starts taking shape 7/19











Basic framing is done. 7/26

No comments: